PROTECT THIS HOUSE. I WILL.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Alter Knights Football Goes to war!

The Archbishop Alter Football team goes to war in the Division 4 state finals against Stubenville this Friday.

The boys have played some very impressive football this year, but what is most impressive to me is their mental poise.

After having to forfeit 2 games due to a rules oversight, they could have fallen apart mentally, and cried foul.  Instead this outstanding group of young men, and their coaches rallied their resolve and went after the stars.

I work with a number of players from  this years team, and I am very proud of them, but I am also very proud to be in anyway associated with a program that teaches kids to succeed through hard times.

Coach Ed Domsitz and his staff should be applauded for their life changing skills with these young men.

"Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it." Bruce Lee