PROTECT THIS HOUSE. I WILL.

Monday, March 08, 2010

2011 Crossfit Games

I am at a cross roads in my own training.  I am training just to train, and it gets harder to stay motivated every year.  I am today starting to train for next year's Crossfit games, with some reservations.  As I have posted on this blog before, I have my issues with Crossfit doctrine, and methodology, but I do think the games themselves are the single most comprehensive fitness competition conceived thus far.  So because of lack of another close option, I have decided this is my only option.

My biggest concerns with the competition so far are bodyweight based.  I am 6'3 and between 240-250 pounds.  My strength levels are good, so that needs to be maintained, but I feel that a 20-30 pound weight loss is necessary for good performance, as well as some work in the distance running/rowing department.  So to keep track and keep things honest, 1 am starting to keep track today all workouts from here to the first competitions.

3-8-10

Snatch 5-5-5-3-3-3-1-1-1

worked up to  195# in a full squat catch.  Nothing to write home about, but a good starting position

21-15-9

squat+push press 95#

dumbbell swings 55#

broken sets

21 set: 1:31 + 3 min rest

15 set: 1:04 + 2 min rest

9 set :41

Ran 8 x 1 min track sprint + 2 minutes walking recovery

"Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it." Bruce Lee